Sunday, July 18, 2010

Welcome to the SAHMnambulist

Technically, I'm not yet a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom). I'm a SAHExpectantM. But I'm certainly already feeling like a sleepwalker. Someone, and I'm not going to name any names here, is requiring that I sleep 12-14 hours a day. I take three hour naps, snooze in front of the tube in the evening, and then go to bed early. I feel layered in sleep, yet never quite awake. I'm thinking this is nature's way of getting me ready for the sleeplessness that is coming. I wish and hope that at some point before the Little One (LO) gets here, I'll wake up feeling alert, refreshed, energetic and ready for my day. If for no other reason than because I'll need the memory of what that feels like.

LO is due in early September. Perhaps he'll love sleep as much as I do. Somehow, I think it's unlikely. Partially because it never works that way. And partially because maternal curses (whose mother did not say "May you have a child just like you!"?) always do seem to work. One can but hope. In the meantime, the bed is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment