Monday, June 6, 2011

Regrets

After the Weinergate bombshell that Rep. Anthony Weiner actually is both slimy and a complete idiot, I've been thinking about regrets. (This is partially because I'm rather disillusioned by this particular instance of political hari-kiri. I mean, if Jon Stewart can't vet who the good'uns are, then who on earth can you trust?)

So, in honor of Weiner's weiner pics, here are my regrets of the last 10 days:

1. I really wish I hadn't turned the baby upside down immediately after he was finished with a meal. (On an unrelated note, I really wish I had invested in Johnson & Johnson's Baby Wipes division).
2. If I had it to do over again, I would not have introduced LO to Beyonce's Single Ladies.
3. Sharing with J a meal of fried green tomatoes and onion rings, followed by a pound of perch with a side of french fries seemed like a good idea at the time. (This and other incidents have made it clear that I should never be trusted with a diner menu when ravenous.) (This has also crystalized the fact that while J still has the stomach of a 17 year old, I need to be eating like a real grownup these days. Sigh.)
4. Perhaps the 9:30 bedtime should be respected, lest the morning be greeted by tears, screaming, and flailing about in despair, which will often startle the sleeping baby.
5. I think teaching LO how to ride his daddy's motorcycle through a ring of fire will turn out to have been a mistake. There are already soot stains on the living room ceiling.
"D'oh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment