Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Time Keeps on Slippin...













One year ago today, I was recovering from the most painful all-nighter I had ever pulled. J and I were thrilled to finally be able the meet the creature who had been responsible for my swollen ankles, weight gain, nausea, sleepiness and general weepiness. Little did we know that he was just getting started.

To commemorate this first and most momentous of anniversaries, LO refused to go to bed last night and kept us all up past our bedtimes. The little petri dish also gave J a cold just in time to celebrate. I greeted the morning before 5 am when the child threw up on our quilt. It will take some years before LO realizes that most of these activities should take place on the evening of the birthday.

Instead of going back to bed after dealing with the early-morning puke problem, I stayed up to snap the picture below at exactly 6:17 this morning. Call me sentimental.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I think it's really sweet that you got a picture at the same time as when he was born. Happy Birthday to him and congratulations to you!!!

    ReplyDelete