Monday, November 7, 2011

The Sleep Conundrum

"Yes, please, I would like some caffeine. Dad?"

The good news: LO slept from 7 pm until 2:15 am in his own crib last night. For those of you keeping score at home, that is over seven hours of uninterrupted independent sleep.

(Pause for cheers and applause.)

The bad news: I had trouble falling asleep and then I woke up nearly once an hour between my bedtime of 9:30 and LO's night waking at 2:15 worrying because I hadn't heard anything from his room.

(Pause for collective sigh over EGB's ridiculous neuroses).

Yes, the child was able to sleep deeply and well for the first time since he has been ex utero, and what do I do with the time? Wonder why the heck he's being so durn quiet.

Nothing pulls a woman in two mutually exclusive directions like motherhood.

1 comment:

  1. I used to do the same thing - I'd toss, turn, neurose, then finally wake baby up to make sure she was still alive. Now, she has to scream - a lot - before I drag myself out of bed to her room. It'll get better! The first while is mighty strange though.

    Karen
    www.nakedmommydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete