Thursday, November 7, 2013

Puffy Shirt Fears

LO's vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds, and he is consistently talking up a storm.

Unfortunately, his enunciation leaves a little something to be desired.

For instance, the words jelly, shoes, kiss, change, juice, and his brother's name all sound suspiciously similar. So, he might ask for a peanut butter and jelly, and I'll ask him what he wants to do with BB.

While driving anywhere, he loves to point out things to me. "Look, Mom, a [garbled]!" Since I cannot see where he is pointing and repetition only seems to annoy him, I will often simply reply "I see it!" in an excited tone of voice.

However, I know where this sort of thing can lead:
I have no doubt that there will come a time when LO will be staying up all night, watching Dinosaur Train for hours on end, jumping on the bed, and eating fistfuls of candy for breakfast while I appear on The Today Show in a puffy shirt, all because I smiled and nodded while LO asked my permission.



Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment