Thursday, May 8, 2014

Peeves

  • The ubiquity of the loose/lose spelling mistake. I'd get it if it were an occasional fat finger issue, but there are clearly people out there who simply do not understand our English pronunciation conventions.
  • When people are objectively wrong but they describe it as a difference of opinion. (Yes, I know it's entirely possible that I have fallen into this particular trap. But having spent nearly 11 years with an engineer, I usually have at least a few statistics backing me up).
  • The fact that marketing for babies is gendered. I went to buy some more sleep sacks for BB, and I could only find "girl" sleep sacks in his size. Frankly, I don't care if the kid wears a pink sleep sack, but it would be lovely if we didn't have to navigate this sea of rigid gender distinctions. Colors are colors. They don't come with tiny genitals.
  • When I have time to work, and my brain is still farting around in the break room. Looky here brain--we only get so many kid-free work hours. You have to bring your A game. Or at least your D-minus game. Something. Please.
    Image Courtesy of Lisi Rose

1 comment:

  1. Omigosh, the lose/ loose thing is really irksome! (and your, you're, there, their etc)

    The part about genitals on baby stuff made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete