Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This Is Why Mothers Don't Take Naps

Once again, I seem to have been struck down by something nasty and cold-like brought home by our friendly resident petri dish.  (Can I just say that claim I've heard over and over that it only takes a few years of work with children before you are immune to anything they can dish out is a dirty lie!  I've been working with children off and on since 2003, and I still catch everything.)

So, I lay down this morning for a well-deserved and much-needed nap.

Sometime about an hour into my nap, this happened:



Generally, greyhounds only roo when they hear other greyhounds rooing.  It's really an amazing thing to hear, unless you live with a greyhound that mistakes a baby crying and a phone ringing for one of its landsmen setting out the roo alert.  Then it's just a pain in the neck, particularly when it wakes you up.

Needless to say, Obie woke me up.

I was halfway down the stairs, frantic to know why the baby was crying downstairs and setting off the dog and why the hell I was asleep while LO was by himself on a different floor of the house before I remembered that LO was at daycare, where I had taken him specifically so that I could get some sleep.

I'd like to get a hold of the motherhood owner's manual so I can figure out how to turn that off.



No comments:

Post a Comment