Saturday, January 28, 2012

Phrasing, Mother!*

I seem to have a child who is as literal as I am. The other day, LO came sauntering over to me while we were eating dinner. He had a slab of pizza the size of his fist in his mouth, but he still started the charming "I wanna nurse so I'm going to lift up your shirt and I don't care who you flash" dance that one-year-olds do. (By the way, has anyone figured out how to stop that, other than by wearing a corset?)

"No, no," I said gently. "We can't nurse if you have food in your mouth."

Mistake.

LO immediately took the pizza slab out of his mouth, threw it defiantly on the floor, and then returned to pulling at my sweater.

I'm thinking I should have been a little more specific.



*10 points to anyone who recognizes the source of this post title. Points can be redeemed for prizes like me being impressed and me telling J that someone else watches that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment